Welcome to the U.S.S. Elysium!
USS ELYSIUM NCC 89000
"We know what we are, but know not what we may be" - William Shakespeare
The U.S.S. Elysium is the first of her class and apart of Starfleet's Ninth (Obsidian) Fleet, under the Command of one the youngest CO in the Fleet, the Elysium's role is one of diplomacy, scientific discovery and support in times of need. Boasting the most advanced technology available to the Federation and being fully holographic capable with a Ship AI to assist with basic functions.
Elysium is home to some of the brightest minds in Starfleet as well as some unique positions, there is the Office of Internal Affairs and the elusive Department of Temporal Investigations which allows the Elysium to respond to any issue in her vicinity or threat to the timeline. There is also the first of 4 mobile branches of Starfleet Academy where cadets from all around the Federation can get hands-on experience aboard a fully operational Starfleet Vessel under the watchful gaze of an official representative of the Academy.
Our story so far...
Previously on the USS Elysium,
In 2394, and the Elysium was lost. But now, the Elysium returns home, without the Admiral. And the crew, led by Commander Phoenix Lalor, faced an uncertain future ahead. With a crew which is a mix of old and new faces, the Crew of the Elysium sets out to reclaim their place in the Fleet, and to show that the trust Sharr had placed in them was not misplaced. After a year of threats, mutiny, betrayal and weird encounters, the Elysium has survived their first 12 months under the Command of now Captain Lalor.
We join the Elysium as they enter a new year, 2396, though this New Year brings more challenges and more horrors...
USS Elysium follows the Destruction of Romulus timeline in accordance with Fleet Council Measure 046.
Important Fleet Links
Latest News Items
Posted on Sun Aug 18th, 2019 @ 9:28pm by Captain Phoenix Lalor in General News
Good evening All,
Please welcome Cali and her science officer Lieutenant Nevada McKay!
Crew is currently on R&R but recall will happen soon!
Captain Phoenix Lalor
Posted on Mon Aug 12th, 2019 @ 6:57am by Captain Phoenix Lalor in Sim Announcement
Please welcome back, returning player, DAN and his character: Lieutenant Commander Rosalyn Parish, our new chief counselor
Some of you might remember Dan from his previous stints on the Elysium as Lieutenant Commander Ephriam Parish, our former Chief engineer, academy Commandant and long time friend of Liselle and Phoenix, when the three of them served under Admiral Sharr.
We welcome him back with open arms and hope he sticks around - everyone be nice! Lets keep the counselor where we can see them!
Posted on Mon Aug 12th, 2019 @ 6:54am by Captain Phoenix Lalor in Sim Announcement
Good Morning All,
This morning, I split our Medical and Counseling Departments on the Manifest.
This is to allow players to clearly see the definition between both departments on the Manifest.
Posted on Mon Aug 12th, 2019 @ 6:47am by Captain Phoenix Lalor in Sim Announcement
Just so everyone is aware, below are the awards from the Last mission:
All crew get a Mission Star: If you participated in over 50% of the current mission as a player-character, you are entitled to a Bronze Mission Star.
Crew Choice Award:
* Lieutenant Commander Anje Brett - As nominated by the Crew, Commander Brett is an exceptional writer who flung herself into the mission and helped us immensely
Collaborative Post Excellence -
* Commander Gary Taylor - Yet another person who has worked his butt off interacting with a host of other characters, without his non stop activity I think this mission wouldn't have been as good as it was.
* Commander Liselle Qwyyn - For her interaction with several characters. both of the Command Staff and Romulan. I feel she should be awarded for her sterling service, and great writing.
Commander Aurelia Holmes -For her efforts in writing with a myriad of other writers to bring people home! As well as her interaction with Several characters during the mission and a killer badguy!
* Lieutenant Commander Anje Brett - For her efforts in writing with a myriad of other writers to bring people home!
* Captain Azhul Naxea - For her injuries sustained in the rescue of Captain Phoenix Lalor, Commander Gary Taylor, Commander Aurelia Holmes and Commander Liselle Qwyyn
Outstanding Volunteer Award -
* Lieutenant Commander Anje Brett - For taking on the task of writing with Willow, Lia, Jeff and Jill and trying to keep them all in the right frame of mind!
Meritorious Newcomer Award -
* Captain Azhul Naxea -The captain has thrown herself into her work eagerly and has earned her stripes.
Rose Award -
* Lieutenant Kara Hoffman - How do you write romance at such a dire time? Easy, have people think you are cheating on your fiancee. The player of this character has shown a depth in their writing and skill in making people eager for a resolution and for the couple to reunite.
* Lieutenant Gallia Norris -How do you write romance at such a dire time? Easy, have people think you concerned that your fiancee is cheating on you. The player of this character has shown a depth in their writing and skill in making people eager for a resolution and for the couple to reunite.
Zefram Cochrane Writing Award -
* Commander Aurelia Holmes -Watching Lia's descent into the darkness was interesting and well written and showed depth of skill and character in the portrayal.
* Commander Gary Taylor - The posts around Gary's imprisonment and escape were wonderfully written and expanded on the Character of Gary in different ways.
* Commander Liselle Qwyyn -How do you make a Trill sweat? Well just ask this player. This player can write anything she puts her mind to and watching Liselle react to the circumstances that were dire was wonderful to watch.
Outstanding Antagonist -
* Commander Aurelia Holmes - For the creation and writing of Captain Mishka Valdran. A pain in the whatsit if there ever is one.
Posted on Sat Aug 10th, 2019 @ 8:09pm by Captain Phoenix Lalor in General News
We are midway through this mission. Please be aware that I am wrapping it at the end of this month and then our dual missions will commence.
Latest Mission Posts
Lost in his own thoughts S'hib walked straight past the door to the Counselor's office, Turning on the spot after a few moments when he heard the door he walked past reclose. "Oh, It's there." He said to himself as he walked sheepishly back the way he came and into…
Dressed in her standard duty uniform, Naxea let out a sigh of relief as she exited the grounds of Starfleet HQ. She had to submit an updated gear and weapons request, which she had felt would best be done in person--and she was correct. General Yamamoto had agreed with her…
Sami had helped Dr. Strode into her harnesses and safety gear, "Okay, ready to go, Doc?" She asked.
"Uh, yeah, go, sure." Tallia replied; the truth was she was terrified and somewhat thankful that Sami had apparently tied her harnesses too tight to allow her to pee her pants, ~That'll…
It had been several minutes since S'hib had entered the security office, aside from the initial formal greetings between him and another yellow collared office the room had been awkwardly silent.
It was only after he started to adjust to the silence, and hear the hum of the lighting grid…
S’hib waited patiently inside the transport room, one hoof scratching at the floor out of habbit.
He had been assigned to escort new crew to their quarters as part of his last shift duty before shoreleave. It was wholly unremarkable and so far quiet boring.
The con officer leaning…
Latest Personal Logs
Posted on Tue Aug 20th, 2019 @ 5:52am by Ensign S'hib
"Computer begin personal log" S'hib sighed deeply as he entered his quarters, the sound of a large bag, thrown to the floor followed by his hooves clicking into the next room being picked up on the recording.
"It's now... gone sixteen hundred hours, and I've finished my last shift before…
Posted on Fri Jun 7th, 2019 @ 5:50am by Cadet Senior Grade Madelaine Masters PhD
In just a few short months I'm going to be an official graduate of the Starfleet Academy, this is such an empowering accomplishment. I should be over the moon about this, but I'm not. I'm mere months, ten weeks actually, from joining the pantheon of powerful female leaders that Starfleet…
Posted on Mon Jun 3rd, 2019 @ 8:26am by Lieutenant Gallia Norris
I'm trying to stay calm and not jump to any conclusions, I don't want things to go bad between Kara and I, but I'm getting fed up with all these bloody men who willnae leave her the hell alone! Every time I see her anywhere there's one of…
Posted on Mon May 20th, 2019 @ 1:38pm by Lieutenant Kara Hoffman
Computer, begin personal log entry for Kara Hoffman. Current time 1900 hours.
Today, was a strange day. I had an accident in Engineering, i reached up jus t a little too far, trying to seal a small conduit fracture, slipped and cracked my jaw something nasty as i hit the…
Posted on Sun May 12th, 2019 @ 1:27pm by Lieutenant Jason Morris
Jason sat in at his desk and was wondering how Alex was doing. He really hadn't had the time to consider his son let alone find a place to actually sleep before he was thrust into a situation that should have been in a 21 century movie. Grabbing a PADD…